today I have been painting

not the artistic kind of painting
.
the decorating kind of painting. . .

. . .a whole different kettle of fish. . .

.
for some reason my boys have been going on and on about this song recently, which turns out to be about painting too. . .
.
I see a red door and I want it painted black
No colours anymore I want them to turn black
I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes
I see a line of cars and they're all painted black
With flowers and my love both never to come back
I see people turn their heads and quickly look away
Like a new born baby it just happens every day
I look inside myself and see my heart is black
I see my red door and it has been painted black
Maybe then I'll fade away and not have to face the facts
It's not easy facin' up when your whole world is black
No more will my green sea go turn a deeper blue
I could not foresee this thing happening to you
If I look hard enough into the settin' sun
My love will laugh with me before the mornin' comes
I see a red door and I want it painted black
No colours anymore I want them to turn black
I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes
Hmm, hmm, hmm...
I wanna see it painted, painted black
Black as night,
Black as coal
I wanna see the sun blotted out from the sky
I wanna see it painted, painted, painted, painted black
Yeah!
.
THE STONES
.
(I was using a white primer and blue paint, not black)(and wouldn't it be nice to be in summer clothes? I'm so fed up with this miserable weather. . .)

6 comments:

Rimshot said...

kettle of fish, colored horses...where does it end?

Mel said...

Ohhhhhhh......now see, I think winter is the perfect time to decorate. Helps me beat that 'stuck in the same ol, same ol' every time.

k....think I'll give a go at rearranging furniture!
Just.....not at this hour....
;-)

Mel said...

Good morning, ma'am!

I, Like The View said...

good morning!

(-:

and I've got some more painting to do today. . . it's raining, windy and basically miserable out there, so I'll make the most of the stuck at home time

Shot I don't think it does. . . it's a little like the internet!

katherine. said...

I don't mind the painting so much...I just get caught up in the prep. taping every door jam and pane of glass....

Anonymous said...

Summer sky paint :)
Sunny tomorrow maybe - it says so on my met office link - crossing my fingers for it to shine on you.

I was so disappointed when I first saw a fish kettle. I'd always hoped it would be a really interesting shape. Now your kettle of fish is much nicer :)