infinite possibilities

sometimes in life you come to this point of realisation


that there is only one direction open to you - forwards

a small digression to one of my favourite poems:

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
and sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
and looked down one as far as I could
to where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
and having perhaps the better claim
because it was grassy and wanted wear;
though as for that, the passing there
had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
in leaves no feet had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
-I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.

ROBERT FROST

it's one of those penny dropping moments, isn't it

realising you* can only go forward, you* can't go back; you* can't undo things you* did; you* can't unfeel things you* felt; you* can't unknow things you* learnt

well, I don't mean you, do I? I mean I
.
perhaps it's one and the same. . .
.
sometimes going forward means going back, only on a slightly different level - higher or lower, I know not which - but today I travelled it. . .
.
for today I went forward and back all at the same time; I travelled a Möbius/Moebius Loop, if you will. . .
.
small diversion to revisit the concept:

"A twisted, geometric shape - known as a Möbius strip, after the German mathematician August Ferdinand Möbius (1790-1868). A Möbius strip is a two-dimensional surface with only one side, a loop that never ends; it represents the seeming paradox of a plane without end, or one of infinite length. As such it became accepted as the symbol for infinity."
.
it was an afternoon that reminded me that even tho everything is different, somethings remain the same
.
long may it last
.
I don't believe in magic,
but I *must* start believing in myself
.

7 comments:

Rimshot said...

HEY! I left a comment but it isn't here!?!?!

:-(

I believe in YOU!

katherine. said...

ever forward...even with little steps...foward

Rimshot said...

as Tony Robbins says: standing still IS moving backwards.

Rimshot said...

and as the cereal commercial says: "Onward and upward, with Crispy Crunchies!"

I, Like The View said...

thank you Shot. . .

(-:

katherine they are very very tiny steps - but I'm making them. . . gradually, one by one, bit by bit. . .

this one paid off!

(-:

Mel said...

*cliiiinnnnkkkkkk*

Gosh I love the sound of that penny when it drops......
Absolutely, positively love it.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Now, read that again.

"Believe in YOURSELF and magic will happen."

It doesn't say 'believe in magic'.....it says believe in YOU.

Oh, you know me--I'm a believer of the infinite possibilities, of taking the road less traveled.....of resting in knowing you're more than enough, exactly AS YOU ARE, today.
And I'm a believer of you, of your greatness--even if you don't see it, won't see it....can't see it.....

Much like you--I cannot pretend to not know what I know--and I won't pretend to not see what I do see.

That magic will happen.
It already is.

((((((((((( ILTV )))))))))))))

I, Like The View said...

(-:

((((((((((((((((Mel))))))))))))))