ECT etc, etc

so, here I am again, a "resident" of, let's call it Hotel California. . .

there's no pink champagne on ice, and altho the cigarettes and chocolate milk are plentiful there is no decent coffee!

what is a girl to do?

I managed to acquire an orange plug-in-internet-everywhere-thingy for my laptop, which seems to be slightly reluctant to cooperate 100% of the time (the plug-in, the laptop is very well behaved) - which is a shame, as there's nothing else for me to do. . .

I've been here since Tuesday, my POVS have visited me twice - which was quite tedious for them and a little distressing for me

on Friday I had the first bout of a "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" treatment*, and there are some more coming my way; the bit I liked best was going out like a light when the anaesthetic kicked in. . . don't like the resulting headache or the fact my teeth hurt (not one of the side effects listed on the sheet, I'll have you know) and I can report that the only difference it's made so far (altho, apparently the effect is cumulative, so "watch this space" as they say) was that my visual acuity seemed to sharpen temporarily. . .

colours were brighter,
edges clearer,
everything slightly more focused

. . .which was pleasant enough while it lasted: you have to go out into the garden to smoke and there are some very lovely purple poppies that have opened up since I've been here and I very much enjoyed their purpleness

anyhow, the night nurse is doing the rounds and I'm about to be stabbed with a metaphorical steely knife, so I'll wish you all pleasant dreams and apologise for not checking up on what you've been doing (blame orange - it might be the future of mobile blogging, but it's not very bright) (mel, The Brit will understand this if he didn't leave Blighty too long ago)

*personally, I'm hoping that there will be a cosmetic lobotomy somewhere down the line

6 comments:

Mel said...

<--has had people praying "Please G-d, remove her brain" for a very long time.

If you get that accomplished before they do....I'm gonna be piffy! ;-)

(((((((((( ILTV ))))))))))))))

They ain't what they used to be,dearheart--and for a whole lotta folks, they're very effective...

I, Like The View said...

. . .that's what "the good doctor" tells me

and let's hope so, cos I'm in his hands (rather than The Big Guy's)- well, actually my head is between the electrodes he's holding - for the duration

didn't get the whole Jack Nicholson treatment either; they didn't put a big blue rubber paddle in my mouth before the anaesthetic knocked me out (have no clue what happened thenceforth), but they did make me wear some kind of plastic retainer cos a few of my front teeth have had work done on them - what was that all about?!

fab word ver: wakey-wakey

Gordie said...

But did you light up like a pinball machine, and pay off in silver dollars? I care about these things...

((((I,LTV))))

Mel said...

That's just about protection.

<--knows about protection cuz gets protectIVE quite frequently

And I now know about Orange cuz himself explained it to me last evening.

Just breathe, try to trust the process best you can and know that you have bunches of folks thinkin' about ya, praying for ya and sending all kinds of positive thoughts your way.

I know you know that....but still.......

*HUGE hugs*

Malcolm Cinnamond said...

No decent coffee! I'm appalled.

Hope the "break" does the trick.

Love from The Edge.

katherine. said...

been away a few days....trying to catch up...sending you love and prayers!