"Swiss Army Romance"

Sleep with all the lights on,
You're not so happy.
You're not secure.
And you're dying to look cute in your blue jeans
But you're plastic just like everyone, just like everyone.
And that face you paint is past impressing
Most of us as permanent.
And I'd like to see you undone.
And college night,
Will draw the crowds,
Dorms unload and you're heading out.
Here is your moment to shine.
Making up a history,
It's nothing like the life you lead,
But man, will they buy all your lines.
Sleep with all the sheets off
Bearing your mattress,
Bare in your soul.
And you're dying to look smooth with your tattoos
But you're searching just like everyone, could be anyone.
And those friends you have are the best impressing
Most of us as permanent,
But I'd like to see you undone.

Youth's the most unfaithful mistress,
Still we forge ahead to miss her,
Rushing our moment to shine.

Making up a history,
It's nothing from the life you lead,
But man will they buy all your lines.

We're not twenty one
But the sooner we are the sooner the fun will begin.
So get out your fake eyelashes and fake I.D.'s
And real disasters ensue.
It's cool to take these chances.
It's cool to fake romances,
And grow up fast,
And grow up fast,
And grow up fast,
And grow up fast.
.
and I LOVE THIS ONE TOO

Hand out the window
Floatin on air
Just a flip of the wrist
I'd be wavin' you goodbye
Drive past the lifeguard stand
Where I sit around waiting for you to remember
Well past the beach hotels
Where the girls are getting bronzed on their monogrammed towels
I drive this ocean road

And remember
How the girls could turn to ghosts before your eyes
And the very dreams that led to them are keeping them from dying
And how the grace with which she walked into your life
And stay with you in your steps, pace with you a while
For so long, so long so long so long

The speaker in this door is blown
So nothing sounds quite right
And I drive this ocean road

And I remember
The small of your back
And the nape of your neck
And the soft way youd hold me in the night

And I will leave under the cover
Of summer's kiss upon the sky
Like the stone face of your lover
Just before she says goodbye

I was thinkin' that the season could be held between my arms
But just as summer's hold is fleeting
I was here but now
I'm gone
I'm gone
.
*SIGH*
that is so beautiful

No comments: