I overslept

(no children)

woke up after the central heating had turned off, there was noone her to have lit the fire and turned on the new electric radiator - the house is freezing

the only thing to do is make the most of the hot water (the only benefit of being here when the children aren't) and then go out and try and find somewhere warmer to be

I'm thinking that might be going to see the exhibition I passed over the other day

I'll let you know later
if I did and how it was
in the meantime
I hope you're not shivering

5 comments:

Mel said...

k...why you turn off the central heating in the winter--beyond me!

Gosh, we won't do that til--oh, probably May at this rate.

BUT!! I made snowangels--so it's all good.

And ohhhhhh, I do hope you had a lovely adventure! :-)

Mel said...

And a GOOD Sunday to you, ma'am.

((((((((((((( ILTV ))))))))))))))

One filled with warmth--

I, Like The View said...

good morning Mel!

it's weird, I don't know if it's just me but the central heating is on a timer and in the winter it comes on twice a day and in the spring/autumn once (in the evening), and in the summer only for the hot water. . .

perhaps it's a hang over from my frugal parents, perhaps it doesn't seem "right" to heat the whole house when there's just me in it, perhaps I should just leave it on constrantly until this cold snap has moved back to wherever it would be

I wonder if it takes more energy to heat the house up from scratch twice a day than it does to leave the heating on and just have it ticking over gently. . .

I think I asked you somewhere else if you'd make me a snowangel. . .

will ya, will ya?

pretty please Ms Mel, pretty please!!!

katherine. said...

it the typical santa cruz fashion....it was 30-something this morning (VERY COLD) and 74 this afternoon...(VERY WARM)

clear..crisp..suppose to have warm afternoons all week....sigh...


sigh is a good word.

I, Like The View said...

wow - that's one temperature shift. . .