i-mconfused

so I was given an i-something or other at the recent festive gift exchange

this i-s a very small piece of technical equipment with somethings called gigabites i-nside (I don't think that refers to portion sizes) and you can store your music on i-t by some amazing electrical processes and presumably the chips that come with that (perhaps those are the bites the portion sizes are referring to?); or rather, I can store my music on i-t (what you do with your music is not my concern) (unless you are making a song recommendation to me, in which case I'd love to know more)

after a root around at the back of a cupboard full of boxes, I found the one which contains my music collection and started looking thru i-t (the collection, not the box) (well, actually the box too I suppose). . . i-n the end, i-t seemed more sensible to take everything out of the box and find a shelf for i-t. . . this involved moving some of my paperbacks. . . I'll spare you the rest and get back to the point:

everytime I load some music onto the i-musicsystemwhateveritis which seems to have set i-tself up on my laptop without even a by your leave (or should that be bye your leave?) the computer makes a noise like a jet engine taking off: I assume this i-s normal? don't take the trouble or time to answer that, i-t doesn't really matter - somehow the music comes off the disc and floats thru my pc and ends up travelling thru a plug and down a wire to the very slight and delicate i-thingy (which reminds me of Niles!) - so, whatever the noises made on the way, the electrical bits seem to be doing their job

i-t's quite tempting to stop at each disc and play i-t thru - I've found songs I used to listen to years and years ago and also some I used to listen to a year or so ago (I haven't listened to much i-n the last year, sadly)

my favourite disc tho, perhaps even surpassing Abba's Ring Ring, has to be Liza Minnelli's collaboration with The Pet Shop Boys (you can tell I don't keep my music i-n alphabetical order, can't you)

perhaps i-t's an acquired taste, but from that album i-s the song that has to be one of my favourites of all time. . .

5 comments:

katherine. said...

what a perfectly wonderful gift for you!!

Vicus Scurra said...

Make sure you always have it switched on when you are out. I expect to see you dancing in the street in the coming days. Although if it is to Abba I may not acknowledge you.

Mel said...

Ah--but Is It lime green.....

:-)

Way cool prezzie.

I, Like The View said...

. . .nope, it is a kinda shiny blueish purple

(-:

Vicus you wouldn't be able to tell I was listening to Abba from my dancing


Katherine yes, thanks - hope you got some that hit the spot

katherine. said...

if you dance like Meryl Streep, Vicus may be able to tell.....

laughing....