nothing

.
It's been seven hours and fifteen days
Since you took your love away
I go out every night
.
.
and sleep all day
.
.
Since you took your love away.
Since you been gone
I can do whatever I want, I can see whomever I choose
.
.
I can eat my dinner in a fancy restaurant
But nothing, I said nothing can take away these blues
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares
To you.
It's been so lonely without you here
.
.
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling
.
..
Tell me baby where did I go wrong
I could put my arms around every boy I see, they'd only remind me of you.
I went to the doctor, 'n' guess what he told me
Guess what he told me? He said
"Girl you better try to have fun, no matter what you do"
.
.
But he's a fool
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares to you.
All the flowers that you planted, mama, in the back yard
.
.
All died when you went away; I know that living with you baby
Was sometimes hard - but I'm willing to give it another try
.
Nothing compares, nothing compares to you
Nothing compares, nothing compares to you
Nothing compares, nothing compares to you

.
written by PRINCE,
as sung by SINEAD