By the look in your eye
I can tell you're gonna cry.
Is it over me?

If it is, save your tears for I'm not worth it, you see.

I was the type of girl who was always on the roam,
Wherever I laid my hat, that was my home,
I'm telling you that was my home.

You had romance,
Did you break it by chance, over me?
If it was so, I'd like for you to know,
That I was never worth it, you see.
I was the type of girl who was always on the roam,
Wherever I laid my hat, that was my home.

Oh, you kept telling me, you kept telling me
I was your girl.
What did I have to do, to make you understand?
I was the type of girl who gave the guys the eye,
Everybody knew.
But I loved them and I leaved 'em,
Broke their hearts and deceived them
Everywhere,
Now you know.

Don't you know that I was the type of girl
Who was always on the roam,
Wherever I laid my hat
That was my home.
.
And I liked it that way.
.
WAT MARVIN, NORMAN & BARRETT