It's getting late have you seen my mates
Ma, tell me when the boys get here
It's seven o'clock and I want to rock
Want to get a belly full of beer
My old man's drunker than a barrel full of monkeys
And my old lady she don't care
My sister looks cute in her braces and boots
A handful of grease in her hair
Don't give us none of your aggravation
We had it with your discipline
Saturday night's alright for fighting
Get a little action in
Get about as oiled as a diesel train
Gonna set this dance alight
'Cause Saturday night's the night I like
Saturday night's alright alright alright
Well they're packed pretty tight in here tonight
I'm looking for a dolly who'll see me right
I may use a little muscle to get what I need
I may sink a little drink and shout out "She's with me!"
A couple of the sounds that I really like
Are the sounds of a switchblade and a motorbike
I'm a juvenile product of the working class
Whose best friend floats in the bottom of a glass
.
NICKELBACK or ELTON
..
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
I've got some money 'cause I just got paid
Now how I wish I had someone to talk to
I'm in an awful way
I got in town a month ago
I've seen a lot of girls since then,
If I could meet 'em I could get 'em
But as yet I haven't met 'em
That's how I'm in the state I'm in
Another fella told me
He had a sister who looked just fine
Instead of bein' my deliverance
She had a strange resemblance
To a cat named Frankenstein
It's hard on a fella
When he don't know his way around
If I don't find me a honey
To help me spend my money
I'm gonna have to blow this town
.
CAT STEVENS or SAM COOKE

5 comments:

dinahmow said...

Blogger's eating comments again. Naughty blogger!

Yes, I remember dancing to Sam Cooke's version. And years later, on Portobello Road, dancing to Cat Stevens.

And now I'm singing "walkin' down Portobello Road for miles..." Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Cat Stevens or Sam Cooke?!?!?!

Is that even a choice?

I, Like The View said...

dinahmow that brings a huge smile to my face!

:-D

shot so we're going with the cat, presumably. . .

%-)

Anonymous said...

God NO! Next to Sam Cooke, all but the most glorious of voices wither.

I, Like The View said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

you're a Sam Cooke man

I love Sam Cooke!

:-)