two rooms

I'm not sure if you are familiar with the album of covers of Elton and Bernie's work, but as you know I'm fairly middle of the road and if I was off to a dersert island, this would be one of the albums I'd take

there is another, Just Around The Corner*, also created in a kind of "two rooms" fashion (but not covers - original works), but that is not as well known. . .

I think I'd also take The Beatles greatest hits. . .

(in fact, perhaps every single song they ever produced - I once received the CDs of the recordings they made at the BBC as an xmas gift and it has lots of chat in between the songs which is good to listen to)

oh, and The Beach Boys. . .

and Abba. . .

and The Eagles. . .

and Dusty. . .

and Queen. . .

oh and some Stevie and some Aretha. . .

and Michael Jackson's Thriller. . .

and probably some opera. . .

and definitely Telleman's recorder works and possibly some Albinoni and some Pachelbel and Barber and possibly Vivaldi and an absolutely must have would be Rimsky-Korsakov's Шехерезада (that's Cyrillic for Šekherezada) (Scheherazade) (I'm not showing off, only cutting and pasting from a google search to get the spelling correct!)

I might think about this some more, especially since I'm feeling a little washed up today and need something to take my mind off it all. . .

*I'd say love was a magical thing, I'd say love would keep us from pain, Had I been there, had I been there. I would promise you all of my life, But to lose you would cut like a knife, So I don't dare, no I don't dare. 'Cause I've never come close in all of these years, You are the only one to stop my tears, And I'm so scared, I'm so scared. Take me back in time, maybe I can forget, Turn a different corner and we never would have met, Would you care. I don't understand it, for you it's a breeze, Little by little you've brought me to my knees, Don't you care. Now I've never come close in all of these years, You are the only one to stop my tears, I'm so scared of this love. And if all that there is, is this fear of being used, I should go back to being lonely and confused. If I could, I would, I swear, Oh I swear.
.
GEORGE MICHAEL

4 comments:

Mel said...

There's electricity on the island---what luck!

;-)

Geeze......don't make me pick. I wouldn't wanna haffta.

I, Like The View said...

I think there is a solar powered iPod charger!

;-)

mig bardsley said...

Ooh do I have to get one of those ipod thingies? I'm not sure I could cope with another gadget?:)

I, Like The View said...

well, I'm not really the right one to ask

I've lost mine, and the charger, and all my music was on the old laptop anywho - so I'm kind of music gadgety less at the mo

:-(