Smallest Person and I were singing in the car on the school run this morning - it was a beautiful morning and we had the roof down; I was BVing and she was lead vocals (she then told me my task for the day was to learn the words to the song, so I could sing harmonies with her on the way back this afternoon)

it's odd to think that this (singing in the car on the way to school) will end in July (partly because I'll have no car to drive from then), from September she'll be on the bus on her own but with thousands of other children (if you see what I mean); a very silly mother spoke to me today and suggested that next autumn I drive SP back to the village so that she could travel in with the silly woman's daughter. . . I laughed and pointed out she was my third and I'd do the trip ahead of the school term but from day one she'd be on her own, as the boys had been; the silly mother looked shocked (possibly because I also added that once SP has left her current school the last place I'd want to be driving to first thing in the morning was back to the village)

so I guess I've moved on!
.
(in at least one way)
.
which I think is a good thing, and thus the song that SP and I were singing holds many levels of meaning for me (altho I know I will have a happy okay ending, when I get to the end - after all: if it's not OK, it's not the end - is it?)
.
have a good day y'all

5 comments:

Dave said...

Ah, one of those fabled two thousand seater buses that you have down London way.

I, Like The View said...

;-)

Mel said...

Oh---a sing-along in the car!

I love road time with the girl. We still sing..LOL
(of course, I'm nudgin' her and tellin' her to...LOL)

The wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round.....lalalala

I, Like The View said...

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm going to have that going round now, till I find something to replace it

%-)

mig bardsley said...

I used to like driving Eldest to School - it was the only time we did get to chat. Sort of chat anyway.
And it was the best fun driving him up to University in Lancaster